Could you be our next Designer?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and motivated designer to join our friendly team. Working primarily in our Gloucester studio but with some flexibility, you should not only possess that creative flair, but also be able to liaise with clients and potential clients and develop working relationships.
Our designers work on a huge variety of briefs both online and offline, from creating logos and branding, to designing business cards, brochures to banners, signage and exhibition stands. Knowledge of designing websites is preferred, and we primarily design and build on the WordPress platform so if you’re familiar with that it would be looked upon favourably.
Experience in a design studio environment isn’t essential, but the right attitude to rise to the challenge of managing numerous design briefs at a time and the ability to allocate relevant time according to the value of a job, is. Our designers must work with an attention to detail whilst maintaining a professional approach to time, costs and liaising with clients over deadlines and managing expectations. An up to date knowledge of industry software (the Adobe Creative Suite) and the ability to learn our in-house systems and processes is a requirement.
Typical work activities include
- Meeting clients to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Deal with incoming enquiries with professionalism and due regard for the enquiry handling process;
- Make outgoing communications to potential clients in order to win new business;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and agreeing on artwork costs that reflect this for clients;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts, then present them to the client in a professional manner;
- Using innovation to challenge design briefs within the constraints of cost and time;
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload efficiently, to complete multiple projects to set deadlines;
- Having an understanding of designing for print and setting up artwork accurately for production;
- Possessing a creative flair when required, working within brand guidelines when that is
- Designing and building websites, using WordPress. You don’t need to be a coder or experienced web developer but should have a basic understanding.
If this all sounds like you and something you’d like to do, fire over your CV, a brief covering letter or email and any examples of your work (if you have any) by clicking on Apply Now.
If we like what we see, we’ll invite you for a chat, that can either be in person or online, to suit you.
- Competitive Salary, depending on experience.
- 28 days holiday, pension scheme, a comprehensive range of staff perks and benefits.
- Gaining experience over a wide range of skills in a busy design studio.
Nettl of Gloucester & Cheltenham is part of a global network of web, design, print and signage studios and as a full-service creative design and marketing company we provide a full range of design and web based solutions. We’re still the independent local business, passionate about our local towns and businesses that began life in 2007.
When we were proudly approached to become the first Nettl partner studio in the country in 2014 we accepted and in 2016 became the first Nettl to open a second studio in the centre of Cheltenham. With a now 180+ studio-strong presence, Nettl is unique in having an international network of web studios and the infrastructure, capabilities and opportunities that provides.
Send us an email with your CV and Portfolio, if you have one ready; to .
Look forward to hearing from you!