Nettl of Gloucester & Cheltenham are recruiting.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic designer to join our friendly creative team. Working across both our Gloucester & Cheltenham studios the successful candidate should not only possess that creative flair, but also be able to liaise with clients and potential clients and develop working relationships.
Our designers work on a huge variety of projects both offline and online, from creating logos and branding, to designing business cards, brochures to banners, signage and exhibition stands. Knowledge of designing for web as well as for printed solutions is not critical as long as you have the desire and ability to learn.
Understanding each clients needs is critical. Developing creative ideas and concepts, to producing appropriate graphic files ready for production – accurately and to our production departments specification.
Experience in a design studio environment isn’t essential, but the right attitude to rise to the challenge of managing numerous design briefs at a time and the ability to allocate relevant time according to the value of a job, is. Our designers must work with an attention to detail whilst maintaining a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. An up to date knowledge of industry software (the Adobe Creative Suite) and the ability to learn new systems and processes is a requirement.
Typical work activities include;
- Meeting clients to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Deal with incoming enquiries with professionalism and due regard for the enquiry handling process;
- Make outgoing communications to potential clients in order to win new business;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and agreeing on artwork costs that reflect this for clients;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts, then present them to the client in a professional manner;
- Using innovation to challenge design briefs within the constraints of cost and time;
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload efficiently, to complete multiple projects to set deadlines;
- Having an understanding of designing for print and setting up artwork accurately for production;
- Possessing a creative flair when required, working within brand guidelines when that is
- Designing and building websites, using WordPress. You don’t need to be a coder or experienced web developer but should have a basic understanding.
If this all sounds like you and something you’d like to do, fire over your CV, covering letter and any examples of your work, if you have any to email@example.com
We’d also like you to answer the following questions:
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- You get invited out to an impromptu karaoke evening, what would you belt out?
- If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you, and why?
Competitive Salary, depending on experience.
28 days holiday, pension scheme, a comprehensive range of staff perks and benefits.
Nettl of Gloucester & Cheltenham are two high street studio’s, one team of creative specialists. As a full-service creative design and marketing company we provide a full range of design, web, print and marketing solutions. We’re still the independent local business, passionate about our local town and businesses that began life in 2007.
When we were proudly approached to become the first Nettl partner studio in the country in 2014 we accepted and in 2016 became the first Nettl to open a second studio in the centre of Cheltenham. With a now 180+ studio-strong presence, Nettl is unique in having a nationwide network of web studios and the infrastructure, capabilities and opportunities that provides.